ABex - Analog Bus Extension for PXI
Modern ATE systems usually contain of multiple instruments and switching matrices as well as about a flexible DUT interface. Signal connections are often established via external cabeling.
The PXI platform is an ideal base for buildingtest systems. It offers a fast computer bus (PCI or PCI Express), options for synchronizing and trigger allocation, rugged and industry proof form factor with 3U modules and a cooling air management. With more than 1200 products from more than 70 manufacturers PXi is an excellent choice for building test systems.
An essential technology has not been addressed by the makers of the PXI standard and requires individual solutions: A bus system for flexible sharing of measurement and stimulus signals across all system slots without external wires.
The Analog Bus Extension for PXI - ABex is an open system extension for PXI. In addition to standard PXI chassis it offers an additional backplane with an analog bus and a power bus. Beside improved signal quality by reducing potential sources of cable- interferences, the advantages lie in the reduction of setup and start-up times for the test system. The use of the PXI platform with ABex accelerates the availability of new test systems while improving signal quality.
Features at a Glance
- Analog bus expansion for standard PXI chassis (8, 14, 18 slots)
- 30 analog lines (10x differential + 10x shield)
- Digital bus for TTL, I²C, CAN, serial, etc.
- 2x High speed bus
- Signal level up to 60V
- Power bus via all system slots
- 40A input
- 6 busses at 5A each
- 12 busses at 1A each
- Rear contacting options for external devices, special switching and simplified debugging
- Easy signal switching via high level programming language
- Reduction in setup and start-up times
- Ccomplete elimination of internal cabling
- Reliable connections between DUT and PXI instruments
- Simple expansion using switching matrices
- Flexible distribution of power signals
- Functional Test
- In-Circuit Test
- Semiconductor Test
- Electronic Manufacturing
- Consumer Electronics
Links and Downloads